City Life Church considers it important that personal data is handled with care and that it is well protected. The purpose of this privacy statement is to explain how we handle personal data entrusted to us. Of course, we comply with the rules that apply to this, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GPC).
The careful handling of your data means the following:
- We do not request more personal information from you than is necessary for the proper fulfilment of our objectives for your membership of our community;
- Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided to us;
- If required for the processing of your personal data, we will ask for your explicit consent;
- No personal data will be provided to third parties, individuals and organisations unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you have provided us with your personal data;
- That we respect your rights with regard to the personal data you provide, such as the right of access, correction, erasure and data portability;
- Our organisation, including the technical infrastructure, is designed in such a way that the security of your personal data is guaranteed.
Specific personal data
Specific personal data are sensitive data, for example on ethnic origin, health and religion. City Life Church does not process special personal data, unless strictly necessary. In that case, explicit permission is requested to process those special personal data.
Groups of individuals whose personal data are processed
Data is processed for the service to members (invitations, information) and administrative purposes. The basis is the given permission to process personal data.
- Employees and volunteers
Data is processed to give effect to the employment or voluntary agreement. The basis is the employment contract or the volunteer agreement.
Data is processed to perform the order and for administrative purposes. The basis is the agreement.
- Interested parties /connections
Data is processed to contact those who are interested in the activities of City Life Church but are not members. The basis is the consent given to the processing of personal data.
People younger than 16 years
City Life Church will only process personal data of persons under the age of 16 if the parent, guardian or legal representative provides written consent.
To be able to send our newsletter we need personal data. You can subscribe to this form when you subscribe to our newsletter. We ask for the following information:
- First name;
- Surname and prefix;
- E-mail address.
Deregistration as a subscriber is always possible. In that case, your personal data will be removed from the address file for our newsletter.
- Magazines, flyers, newsletters and the like;
- Social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
Transmission of data to third parties
Our basic principle is that we do not provide personal data to third parties unless this is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they have been provided to us. Third parties to whom we pass on data are:
- The office that takes care of our financial administration;
- The department that takes care of the processing of salaries;
- The department that distributes the newsletters;
- The department that handles the processing of our applications for camps, fun weekends and conferences;
- Bodies that may request information on the basis of statutory provisions (e.g. the tax authorities and the judiciary).
We agree with a processing agreement with the external parties to whom personal data are provided. The purpose of this agreement is to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Personal data required for the planning of services and other related matters will exceptionally be provided to third parties outside the European Union for the purpose of carrying out the planning of our services.
City Life Church shall not retain personal data for a period longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
Protecting your data
- All persons who have access to your personal data on behalf of City Life Church are bound by confidentiality obligations, for example through an employment contract or a separate confidentiality agreement;
- All (ICT) systems are equipped with an authentication system;
- We use encryption of personal data if there is a reason to do so;
- All directors and employees (paid and volunteers) have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data and, if necessary, have signed a confidentiality agreement;
- Measures taken are periodically tested and evaluated.
Data is stored outside the European Union in very exceptional circumstances.
You always have the right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data we have received from you. It is possible to object to the processing of your personal data by us or our processors. Finally, you can request us to transfer your personal data to yourself or to another party designated by you (data portability).
You can always withdraw your previous consent to process your personal data at any time. We ask you to do this in written form or by e-mail.
City Life Church is worried if you have a complaint about how we handle your personal data. If you have a complaint, please report it to us as soon as possible. We will contact you directly to discuss your complaint and find a solution together. If this unexpectedly fails, you have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Authority.
Questions or remarks?
City Life Church Breda
Tel: 06 5152 8617 (Robert van den Bergh)
Breda, 25 May 2018